[cisco-voip] Checking hardware -- PRI

Wes Sisk wsisk at cisco.com
Mon Feb 15 11:24:59 EST 2010

line code , path code, and err seconds are L1 issue.  you are not
maintaining sync on the T1.  This can happen if your clock source is
incorrect.  this is similar to speed/duplex mismatch on eth interface.

'multiframe established' is L2.  L2 will work only when L1 is working.
this is like getting an IP address on an eth interface; it might happen
with a speed/duplex mismatch, but it might not.

you've got errors at L1.  Did anything in house cabling change?  You can
use a t1 loopback to test the vwic. There are software commands for
loopback and a hardware loopback plug.  Otherwise, it's circuit fidelity
between you and wherever the T1 terminates for your provider.

/Wes