[cisco-voip] Strange 7970 Problem

Peter Slow peter.slow at gmail.com
Sun Feb 21 11:59:28 EST 2010

James,
   Please try adding the command "bearer-cap speech" under the
voice-port  on your h.323 GW where the call hits the PSTN. This will
likely be he solution to your issue. Your video caps are probably
causing CUCM to request the "Unrestricted Digital" bearer cap, and the
PSTN is probably responding with cause code 58, unless your PRI is set
up to handle video/data calls on the PSTN side.

Try this:
whosimawhatsis(config)#voice-port 0/0/0:23
whosimawhatsis(config-voiceport)#bearer-cap speech

Andre,
   "Retry Video Call as Audio" only has to do with locations bandwidth
- if there's not enough bandwidth for a video call, that checkbox
causes the call to be tried again without the bandwidth requirement
for the video stream. I beleive use of that checkbox also effectively
disables AAR for the initial video call.

>From the 7.x SRND: "When this option is activated (checked), if there
is not enough bandwidth to reach the
device (for example, if the Unified CM regions or locations do not
allow video for that call), then
Unified CM will retry the call as an audio-only call. When this option
is deactivated (unchecked),
Unified CM will not retry the call as audio-only but instead will
either fail the call or reroute the call by
whatever automated alternate routing (AAR) path is configured."

-Peter