[cisco-voip] Needing to implement a monitoring solution in Afghanistan

Dennis Heim Dennis.Heim at cdw.com
Sat Feb 27 09:08:48 EST 2010

Well for starters.. I would browse the the performance stats with RTMT.. and find the one or ones you want to monitor. Then you need to select on the monitoring platform you are going to use. Myself I have used nagios and cacti. From there there is an extension of AXL - CUCM API, that allows you to retrieve that information via XML/web service. From there you will be able to extract you data and make pretty graphs.

I did this for PRI utilization with nagios/cacti about 2 years ago. I had to learn enough PERL to be  able to get the data from AXL.

Dennis Heim
Network Voice Engineer
CDW  Advanced Technology Services
11711 N. Meridian Street, Suite 225