[cisco-voip] Upgrading SIP firmware on CISCO phone 7961

anand anand.eee at gmail.com
Sat Jan 9 21:13:02 EST 2010

Hi All,

I am using cisco 7961 ip phone .I have CME 7.1 installed on my router.I have
the firmware for SIP.When i try to upgrade SIP firmware i found it is not
happning.

I saw the boot process on the phone.It tries to look for SIP firmware file
and says file not found and registers with SCCP.When i look at the model
information on the phone settings it says load sccp firmware.Do you think it
has to do anything for phone not upgarding with SIP firmware.

How can i load different firmware for each phone model.