[cisco-voip] DTMF fun

Madziarczyk, Jonathan JMad at cityofevanston.org
Tue Jan 19 16:53:07 EST 2010

So miraculously I have not had to deal much with DTMF problems on my
system...until now.

We just changed stuff up so that all our incoming calls are to the CUCM
and from there they either hit IP phones on CUCM or go through a gateway
to our various PBXs.  The problems show up on the PBX sides in the form
of DTMF not working correctly for things like voicemail/etc.

I see a lot of talk about in band vs out of band.  Out of band seems
like the logical way to go, but is there a reason I might want to use in
band in this situation?  If anyone has any good config templates for
CUCM/H.323 and MGCP that would be most helpful!

Thanks.