[cisco-voip] Part 2: Conferencing Codecs Across WAN

Rhodium rhodium_uk at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Jan 19 19:26:22 EST 2010

Thank you for replying Craig.

Let me put it another way, what happens if a phone in site B (for argument's sake Phone B1) already in a conference with phones in site A as per your reply starts another second conference with another phone in site B, therefore invoking the MRGL for itself.

Does that mean, the phone in site B that invoked the second conference will have two distinct RTP streams, one to site A for its resources, and one locally for the second conference it initiated. So the second conference would  then get mixed again at the primary conference's PVDMs or vice versa?

I don't understand how the RTP streams would get mixed together or how they would flow?

I am getting a headache just thinking about the RTP flow and how they would all mix.

Jason