[cisco-voip] Part 2: Conferencing Codecs Across WAN

Pavan pav.ccie at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 20:58:35 EST 2010

Rhodium,

Let me try to clarify a bit

Assume phone b1 is in a conference with b2 and a1,

If a1 adds another party a2 to the conference, (conference extension)
a new rtp stream would flow from a2 to the cfb in site b

If a1 places the existing call on hold and creates a new conference
with a2 and a3, now we have a conference resource in site a which has
rtp streams from a1,a2& a3. Assume that a1 now joins both these
conferences together with the active call being the second conference
call( conference chaining), we will end up with conference1 containing
b1,b2 and cfb in site a. Conference2 contains a1,a2,a3 and cfb from
site b.

In essence both the conference bridges are chained together. Things
start getting more complicated when you start chaining 3 or more
conferences. Take a look at nonlinear adhoc conference chaining
service parameter in ccm.

Let me know if you still have a question.

-pavan

Sent from my phone