[cisco-voip] VG224 Analog phone dial-tone/dead-air issues

Aliberto, Nate Nate.Aliberto at COREBTS.com
Wed Jan 27 07:55:28 EST 2010

All,

During a recent UC rollout, we implemented a series of VG224s to provide fax, modem and standard analog E&M services to a good number of devices using MGCP for management.  I've observed that some of the analog phones take an extraordinary amount of time to receive dial-tone again after going back on hook.
An example would be that a user will pick up the phone and begin dialing a number realize it's incorrect and will go back on hook to get dial-tone again, and after doing so they will simply hear dead air.  It's almost as if a return to hook is never picked up by the VG224 or processed by CUCM.
I've been trying to determine what is actually occurring between the VG224, CUCM and Phone in this scenario so that I can implement a mitigation.  If anyone has seen this before or has some insight into a Root-Cause/Resolution I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

Nate Aliberto

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This E-mail message and any attachments are for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information.  Please do not copy, forward, or print this E-mail message or any attachments unless you are the intended recipient.  If you are not the intended recipient, please immediately notify the sender by telephone at (866) 588-5697 and permanently delete and destroy all copies and printouts of this E-mail message and/or attachments.