[cisco-voip] Upgrade AIM-CUE to NME-CUE

Mark Holloway mh at markholloway.com
Wed Jan 27 11:04:17 EST 2010

I am not sure if you are just asking whether it can be done or you also want to know how to do it.  Yes, CUE can be backed up and restored to a different CUE module type by using a 'backup server'. Make sure your AIM CUE module is on the same version of CUE that will be running on the NME CUE module.  IE. do not backup a CUE 3.x database on try to restore on a 7.x database.

# offline
# backup category {all | configuration | historicaldata | data }
# continue < exits offline mode
# show backup history < show success/failure
# show backup server < displays the backup files available on the backup server

Swap hardware and configure the basic settings of new NME CUE module.

# show backup server
# offline
# restore id <backupID> categroy { all | configuration | data }
# reload