[cisco-voip] Standby publisher

Eric Butcher Eric.Butcher at cdw.com
Thu Jul 1 10:56:30 EDT 2010

No.  The licenses are hard coded with the original publisher's mac, and have a hash run against them to check for consistency with the original.

Tac will have to send you a new license with the NEW publisher's MAC at the time you restore the new pub in place of the old one.

You also might want to consider the underlying design of said "Mega cluster".  In situations where it is big enough to call a "Mega cluster", often times multiple inter-connected clusters are used instead... Especially if there is a call center involved.

Eric Butcher
Cisco Unified Communications Engineer
CDW Professional Services
11711 N Meridian, Ste 225