[cisco-voip] CUCM 6.1(5) upgrade fail

Ryan Ratliff rratliff at cisco.com
Thu Jul 8 10:13:13 EDT 2010

The logs are where the specific cause of the failure would be shown.

Have you tried via SFTP or are you using physical media for all attempts?

-Ryan

On Jul 8, 2010, at 8:00 AM, Dana Tong wrote:

Hi all,

I have a customer who has a 6.1(3)a cluster. They are wanting to upgrade to 6.1(5) because they are experiencing some bugs in 6.1.3.

6.1(3)a is a supported direct upgrade to 6.1(5) per the CUCM upgrade matrix however the upgrade is failing.
I've tried the official Cisco media, and the .sgn.iso file direct from CCO. I've also tried a 6.1(4)a ISO from CCO.
Both of these files have a positive check for MD5 hash. I've also used the 6.1(5) media previously for another customer and had successful upgrades.

This particular upgrade was a fresh install with a DMA import from CCM 4.
There is currently no inactive partition. There are no special options (locale, IDP) installed on this cluster.
The upgrade processes for around 12-13 minutes and appears to setup the inactive partition but fails the upgrade reporting "an error occured while accessing the upgrade file".

I'm guessing it's going to be something specific to this cluster but I can't be certain. I'm waiting for the TAC engineer to decypher the upgrade logs but would value any other ideas?

Thanks
Dana