[cisco-voip] DMA 4.1.3 to 6.1.4

Wes Sisk wsisk at cisco.com
Fri Jul 9 10:57:47 EDT 2010

Hi Johnny,

Note the device name: SEP9CAFCHFFEEE7

For 7942 (tkProduct 333) the require format for the devicename is:
admin:run sql select first 10 * from typeproduct where enum = 333
enum name       moniker            tkmodel maxports showindropdown
devicenameformat                  isinstalleddefault devicenamestring
333  Cisco 7942 PRODUCT_CISCO_7942 434     0        t
([sS][eE][pP]|BAT)[0-9a-fA-F]{12} f                  SEP[mac]

Note that "H" is not a valid hexadecimal character and is not included
in [a-f] or [A-F].  Those devices would have status "unknown" because
they likely have never registered.  Phones are hard coded to use their
mac address as device name.  H is not a valid hex character so this
cannot be a real device name for a real phone.

/Wes