[cisco-voip] Cisco CUPS - Presence Status Red

Jamie Weatherhead Jamie.Weatherhead at Charles-Stanley.co.uk
Fri Jul 9 11:27:51 EDT 2010

Hello all,

I was wondering whether anyone could assist with a CUPS issue I am
having.

I have recently configured CUPS 7.0.6.10000-17 in VMWare for testing. I
have following Cisco's documentation and have managed to get it
communicating successfully with my test publisher server (version
7.1(3)) which is also in VMWare.

I have configured the SIP trunk on CUCM with port 5060. I have also
created the Presence Gateway pointing to the IP address of CUCM. I made
sure I enabled the SIP Publish on CUCM.

I created a CUPC device profile in CUCM and installed CUPC client
(version 7.1) which successfully logged in. However, the Presence Server
status shows as red as follows. Is there anything else I might be
missing? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks Jamie.

Consider the environment - Think before you print

The contents of this email are confidential to the intended recipient and may not be disclosed. Although it is believed that this email and any attachments are virus free, it is the responsibility of the recipient to confirm this.

You are advised that urgent, time-sensitive communications should not be sent by email. We hereby give you notice that a delivery receipt does not constitute acknowledgement or receipt by the intended recipient(s).

Details of Charles Stanley group companies and their regulators (where applicable), can be found at this URL http://www.charles-stanley.co.uk/contact-us/disclosure/