[cisco-voip] Suppressing service response message?

Robert Kulagowski rkulagow at gmail.com
Mon Jul 19 16:34:52 EDT 2010

A few months ago I asked if there were any multicast conference
bridges.  There aren't any, apparently, so I've written my own.

It mostly works:

<?php

$ip_of_phone = $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'] ;

$post_data = "XML=". urlencode('<CiscoIPPhoneExecute>
     <ExecuteItem Priority="1" URL="RTPMRx:239.168.3.20:20480"/>
     </CiscoIPPhoneExecute>') ;

$ch = curl_init();

curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_URL, "http://" . $ip_of_phone . "/CGI/Execute");
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_HEADER, 0);
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_POST, 1);
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_POSTFIELDS, $post_data);
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_USERPWD, "confsuperuser:password");
curl_exec($ch);
curl_close($ch);

// sleep(5);

$post_data = "XML=". urlencode('<CiscoIPPhoneExecute>
     <ExecuteItem Priority="0" URL="Key:Soft3"/>
[...]

?>

I've then created a service and subscribed some phones to it, and my
service shows up when you press "Services".

In a CME router (with appropriate route plans on CM 7.1.3) I have:

ephone-dn  3
 number 221172
 description Test Bridge
 name Multicast Bridge
 feed ip 239.168.3.20 port 20480

However, once the multicast recipient phone joins the bridge, I get a
response on the screen of the 7970 about how it was successful, etc,
and it doesn't go away until you press Exit.

I'd like to either suppress that status message that the user is
getting on their screen, or figure out some way to get the phone to
press "Exit" on its own.

I remember their being some SoftKey type commands, but my GoogleFu is
broken today or something.  You can see that I've tried to add two
"Exit" commands, but sometimes they seem to work, sometimes they
don't.

Any ideas?