[cisco-voip] IOS / CM

Nick Matthews matthnick at gmail.com
Mon Jul 19 19:04:14 EDT 2010

Generally the correlation is pretty loose.  MGCP sometimes is a little
more version dependent since the control is tigher.  H.323 is by the
the loosest, and a slightly higher correlation with SIP because
features are added/changed so quickly.

I would say the IOS versions really become more important when you
start running SCCP on the router for media resources (conferencing,
MTP, transcoding) or when you do SCCP controlled FXS ports (VG224).

If you're running 12.4(20)T or later I personally wouldn't upgrade any
of the routers unless I had trouble.

-nick