[cisco-voip] CVP Standalone Survivability GW Config

Alan Diaz adiazny at gmail.com
Fri Jul 23 11:18:10 EDT 2010

Hello All - Any help is much appreciated.

I'm having issue with getting the survivability.tcl script to trigger and
transfer to a number or hand off to a auto-attendant. I have been following
the CVP 8.0 Config Guide but it is very confusing and believe it is missing
info.

The environment is a CVP standalone solution with one ingress/vxml gateway.
Currently I am testing this functionality without the CVP servers in the
picture because of my location. I'm thinking this is not an issue as this
will simulate a WAN failure/CVP Server application errors. Am I wrong?

Incoming dial-peer 2 should trigger the survivability.tcl script because
there is no connection to the CVP VXML server that would (in normal
operation) trigger the ADstore service, correct?

If so, the ADsurvive service should then transfer to 1111. I've also tried
to configure this service with the "param aa-name aa" statement to handoff
to the auto-attendant, but failed. Using the handoff to a auto-attendant
method is really what I would like in my solution.

GW config: I have all the required tcl scripts/vxml files in flash.

# I put them all just in case
voice service voip
 allow-connections h323 to h323
 allow-connections h323 to sip
 allow-connections sip to h323
 allow-connections sip to sip
 sip
  bind control source-interface GigabitEthernet0/0.20
  bind media source-interface GigabitEthernet0/0.20
!
voice class codec 1
 codec preference 1 g711ulaw
 codec preference 2 g729r8
!
application
  service CVPSelfService flash:CVPSelfServiceBootstrap.vxml
  paramspace english langauge en
  paramspace english index 0
  paramspace english location flash:
  paramspace english prefix en
  !
  service ADsurvive flash:survivability.tcl
  param open-hours-agent0 1111
  param after-hours-agent0 1111
  param alert-timeout 20
  param setup-timeout 7
  !
  service ADstore flash:CVPSelfService.tcl
  param CVPSelfService-app ADstore
  param CVPSelfService-port 7000
  param keepalive ADstore
  param CVPPrimaryVXMLServer 10.86.87.107 (this server does not exist)
  param survive ADsurvive
  !
  service aa flash:backupaa.tcl (just a auto-attendant to route calls)
  param option7 8002
  param after-hours flash:backupstoreclose.wav
  param extension-start 00
  param start-hour 28800
  param option0 8001
  param default-number 8001
  param option2 8002
  param option4 8081
  param option6 8003
  param extension-pattern 800
  param option8 8001
  param option1 8001
  param end-hour 59400
  param welcome-prompt flash:5966.wav
  param option3 8003
  param extenstion-end 99
  param option5 8081
!
dial-peer voice 8000 voip
 description OUT TO CUCM VIA SIP TRUNK
 destination-pattern 8...
 session protocol sipv2
 session target ipv4:10.10.210.11
 dtmf-relay rtp-nte h245-signal h245-alphanumeric
 codec g711ulaw
 no vad
!
dial-peer voice 1000 pots
 description REQUIRED FOR FXS PHONE (POTS PHONE) INPUT
 service session
 forward-digits all
!
dial-peer voice 2 voip
 description RECEIVES POTS CALL FOR CVSstore AND CHANGES TO VOIP
 service cvsstore
 destination-pattern 4012221111
 voice-class codec 1
 session target ipv4:10.10.200.3
 incoming called-number 4012221111
 dtmf-relay rtp-nte h245-alphanumeric h245-signal
 no vad
!
dial-peer voice 1111 voip
 description RECEIVES POTS CALL FOR AA TO INCOMING NUMBER 1111
 service aa
 destination-pattern 1111
 voice-class codec 1
 session target ipv4:10.10.200.3
 incoming called-number 1111
 dtmf-relay rtp-nte h245-alphanumeric h245-signal
 no vad

ip rtcp report interval 2000
gateway
media-inactivity-criteria all
timer receive-rtcp 4
timer receive-rtp 1200
sip-ua
retry bye 1

This script provides the following capabilities