[cisco-voip] pager/beeper solutions

Doug McIntyre merlyn at Geeks.ORG
Wed Jul 28 13:36:40 EDT 2010

On Wed, Jul 28, 2010 at 09:37:56AM -0700, Christopher Trown wrote:
>      Of course, moving to SMS is not ideal if you have time critical
> alerts.  I've seen delays of hours to texts.  We are a little stuck
> until Verizon and AT&T improve things.

I've only seen those delays if you use the cell-providers own email to
SMS gateways, which in general are terrible all around. I would
anticipate that the demand to cost of fixing those is extremely low.

If you do your own SMS gateway internally (I like the Wavecom modem,
bought up by MultiTech, at least in the US, looks like they even have
their own gateway product now), things are usually pretty good.  On
par with traditional pager service.