[cisco-voip] CUCM8, Unity, Initial Configurations

Dan Letkeman danletkeman at gmail.com
Mon Jun 7 20:48:29 EDT 2010

Hello,

I'm new to CUCM, and I was wondering if the Cisco Press books are a
good place to start learning best practices, and basic configurations?
 I've done a few CME multi site installations, so I have a basic
understanding of things, registering phones, extensions, DN's,
dial-peer's, etc.  We are going to be deploying a new system soon,
with two CUCM appliances, one Unity appliance, one voice gateway, one
or two remote sites with SRST routers, and 50-100 phones to start.

I know from the research I've done so far, I will need to find out how
to terminate the PRI from our provider and configure the voice gateway
to connect to the CUCM, setup the SRST connection to CUCM, and learn
the basics of the CUCM management.  From what I can tell from the
ciscopress.com site, these topics are included in the books.

Any other recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Dan.