[cisco-voip] Serving Music on Hold from router's flash

Jason Aarons (US) jason.aarons at us.didata.com
Wed Jun 9 15:16:23 EDT 2010

Have a Remote Site that doesn't have any local resources. Customer wants to keep MoH off the WAN, so setting up Multicast MoH from Branch Routers for my first time. My question is our MRG has multiple MoH servers listed so do I just make sure 239.1.1.10 (Subscriber A) is at the top of the list? They have a MPLS WAN that doesn't pass multicast.

Media Resources > Music On Hold Server >
CallManager Subscriber A
Enable Multi-cast Audio Sources on this MOH Server
Base Multi-cast IP Address  239.1.1.10
Base Multi-cast Port Number 16384
Max Hops 2

CallManager Subscriber B
Enable Multi-cast Audio Sources on this MOH Server
Base Multi-cast IP Address  239.1.1.9
Base Multi-cast Port Number 16384
Max Hops 2

CallManager Subscriber C
Enable Multi-cast Audio Sources on this MOH Server
Base Multi-cast IP Address  239.1.1.8
Base Multi-cast Port Number 16384
Max Hops 2

telephony-service
 description Ver8-0 IOS150-1.XA3
 srst mode auto-provision all
 srst ephone description CME-as-SRST Wan Failure : Jun 07 2010 12:07:35
 srst dn line-mode dual
 authentication credential didata didata
 max-ephones 25
 max-dn 60