[cisco-voip] Manually upload phone loads prior to upgrading

Jason Aarons (US) jason.aarons at us.didata.com
Wed Jun 16 10:39:37 EDT 2010

I have a customer wanting the opposite. They want to keep the same phone loads they have today and upgrade them later separate from the 4x to 7x upgrade.  Here is my plan, anyone tried this? They have about 6000+ phones we don't want changing loads.

These are the device defaults we are going to keep, any other model phones (e.g. 7936/7937/7921/7925) we are going to let upgrade firmware. The thought is the vast majority will keep the same load they already have. You can then manually go into Device > Phone and set the load you want to test.   If you want me to add another model phone let me know. Once the new Publisher comes up I will install these COP files and modify the device defaults before bring up any subscribers (which also get these files uploaded).

This is the model and version of firmware they have today based upon CCMAdmin and will keep;
cmterm-7911_7906-sccp.8-3-3SR2.cop.sgn
cmterm-7912-8.0.3-sccp.cop.sgn
cmterm-7940-7960-sccp.8-0-7.cop.sgn
cmterm-7941_7961-sccp.8-3-5.cop.sgn