[cisco-voip] Common 'MGCP communication to gateway lost' messages

Blake Caldwell blake at ucar.edu
Thu Jun 17 17:36:03 EDT 2010

Hello,

I'm wondering if anyone else is observing a similar problem.  I saw one mention by Tim Reimers in this message: http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-voip/2010-June/013804.html

We are having a problem with intermittent, but frequent, MGCP interruptions between one of our 3845 voice gateways and a cm subscriber node.  We get the following alerts:

First:
CCM_CALLMANAGER-CALLMANAGER-2-MGCPGatewayLostComm: MGCP communication to gateway lost.

And then RTMT messages:
Number of registered gateways decreased. Current monitored precanned object has decreased by 2
Number of registered gateways increased. Current monitored precanned object has increased by 2

The gateway will register with another CM node and switch back after the calls on the gateway drops to 0. We don't experience any service interruptions.  We have an ongoing TAC, where we are trying to collect more debugging information.

We are running CUCM 6.1(5)SU1 and IOS 12.4(22)T3 on the gw.

Anyone else have a similar issue?

Thanks in advance!

-Blake

Blake Caldwell