[cisco-voip] Cisco CUCM 6.1.3 to 8.0.0 Upgrade

Ryan Ratliff rratliff at cisco.com
Fri Jun 18 09:55:00 EDT 2010

A couple things.

1. Look into the bridge upgrade feature.  The CUCM upgrade tool (http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a0080b31514.shtml) has links with information about this feature.

2. The version of 8.0 you have is a pre-release build of 8.0(1) and is not TAC supported.  You should not be using this verison. Additionally, you will note that all versions of 8.0 prior to 8.0(2c) have been deferred, many due to nasty bugs related to the bridged upgrade feature.

Seeing as you have a pre-release version already I'm guessing you didn't buy the software.  You need to get  8.0(2c) and use the bridged upgrade feature to move to a supported 8.0 version on your new platform.

-Ryan