[cisco-voip] Delete Unity subscriber messages

Pat Hayes pat-cv at wcyv.com
Sat Jun 26 12:28:21 EDT 2010

Global Subscriber Manager (GSM) and Message Store Manager (MSM) are
two different tools. GSM allows you to move and delete Unity users. It
does not, as far as I know, allow you to just delete their messages.
MSM runs various scripts against your user's mailboxes to move and
delete messages based on age, etc. That's probably what you want to
use here.

Another option, if and only if you want to delete everyone's messages,
is to dismount the exchange mailstore, delete (or move) the .edb and
.stm files, and remount. When Exchange sees the files are missing, it
will offer to create a new blank store. All of the users will still
have mailboxes, they will just be empty. Here's a walk through:

http://www.dtidata.com/resourcecenter/2008/04/25/starting-exchange-server-with-a-blank-information-store/