[cisco-voip] CCM 4.x Supported Antivirus

Antonio Soares amsoares at netcabo.pt
Mon Mar 1 10:47:56 EST 2010

Dear group,

This document is the only i know about supported Antivirus for CCM 4.x:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6788/vcallcon/ps556/prod_bulletin0900aecd806f6221.html

I have a customer running McAfee VirusScan Enterprise 8.0i but the support for this product will end the 31st March:

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB52201

I contacted Cisco (PDI) and they told me that CCM 4.x is old and no new AVs are being tested. So my question is how to overcome the
problem ? This and other customers will move to a later CCM release since 4.2 will go end of support next year:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6788/vcallcon/ps556/prod_end-of-life_notice0900aecd806ec7a2.html

Will Cisco TAC support newer AVs versions, for example, McAfee VirusScan Enterprise 8.7i ?

Thanks.

Regards,

Antonio Soares, CCIE #18473 (R&S/SP)
amsoares at netcabo.pt