[cisco-voip] cisco licensing changes...

Scott Voll svoll.voip at gmail.com
Fri Mar 5 11:45:27 EST 2010

So help me understand this new licensing structure:

under CUWL I had only a couple options: But all users had the same licenses.
 does that change under UCL?  eg.  I have ~500 users.  ~400 Unity users, and
~20 UCCx agents.  Does UCL cover all, or is each application have a
different UCL?  Really the best thing for me is ala cart rather then
packaged together as I'm looking at moving away from Unity (and use OCS for
IM / presence) and going to Exchange leaving me only CM and UCCx which I
would not want to pay for ~500 users of CCx.  Also how is moving from CM 6
to 8 going to work?  I have to associated users to every phone?  I'm Ldap
integrated and I don't want to loose out because I don't have a phone
associated.

How is UCSS going to work?  We are now going to send cisco our UCL count so
the UCSS changes to what ever the upgrade tells me I have for UCL licenses?
 I'd like to see what the price difference is going to be to my maintenance
contract costs.  <Rant> If it's anything like Unity, I'll have to move to M$
for call processing also. </Rant>

Scott