[cisco-voip] UCSS

Ed Leatherman ealeatherman at gmail.com
Wed Mar 10 07:32:22 EST 2010

I think you have it backwards - ESW gives software support and minor
patches, UCSS is the one that entitles major version upgrades (6 to 7
for example). ESW is also what gives TAC support, cisco.com access
etc. From my perspective (customer) it's ordered the same way we setup
SmartNet. I think this is what Ratko is looking for.

You must carry ESW on a product before you can register a UCSS
subscription for it. I found this out the hard way. I believe there
also be a penalty for not carrying UCSS for a period of time depending
on versions you are running.

UNLESS.. cisco has changed everything again and hasn't told some
people.. I could be way behind in that case and completely wrong :)

On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 6:59 AM, Mike Thompson <mthompson729 at gmail.com> wrote:
> ESW gives major revision upgrade support
> UCSD gives patches.
>
> Sent from my phone, apologies for any typos.
>
> On Mar 10, 2010, at 6:51 AM, Ratko Dodevski <rade239 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi, I need some help. I have a customer that requires software support for
>> the CUCM. So... as far as I understand all she need is to order UCSS-CUCM
>> for the exact number of users, and that will allow her to have access to
>> TAC, minor upgrades, documentation etc...
>> Can someone please explain me what is ESW and the connection with UCSS.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> --
>> Ratko

Ed Leatherman