[cisco-voip] Phone limits per server

Ed Leatherman ealeatherman at gmail.com
Wed Mar 10 09:42:58 EST 2010

I vaguely remember someone telling me there were internal sizing tools
that figure all this out. Not available to customers that i've ever
seen, not sure about partners. Would depend not only on number of
devices but how many calls are happening, what other services that
node is providing, how many nodes total, etc.

On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 9:02 AM, Jeremy Rogers
<Jeremy.Rogers at ip-soft.net> wrote:
> According to the SRND for 6.1 you can have a max of 7500 phones on a 7845,
> however in side discussions Ive heard mention that this should be limited to
> no more than 4000 phones on a server in large deployments.  Is that the case
> and is there documentation to back it up?
>
> Also, since each gateway endpoint is a “device”  is there a major weighting
> difference between FXO/FXS endpoints and PRI endpoints for capacity
> planning?
>

> Jeremy Rogers
>
> Network Management

Ed Leatherman