[cisco-voip] Unity in a Windows 2008 R2 domain

Michael Thompson mthompson729 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 10 11:03:01 EST 2010

A meeting with a customer led to a discussion about their AD structure.
They have Unity 4.0.5 still in place and are going to move to Unity 7 or UC
in the near future.  The question on the AD structure brought out that they
were in the midst of upgrading now.  Even Unity 7 is not supported on a 2008
R2 domain (only 2008 first release), though I can't get Cisco to tell me
what specifically isn't supported.

They've already upgraded their AD and the global catalog and most of the
other servers in the cluster are already at 2008 R2.  does anyone have any
experience with what is 'broken' with 2008 R2, or what issues I can expect
moving forward?

any help is appreciated
Mike