[cisco-voip] Local Route Groups with Separate Longdistance and Local Circuits

Joel Perez tman701 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 11 08:32:02 EST 2010

Hey Mike,

Good question. I have been using Local Route Groups for a while now but in
most of my cases I have only needed to use one GW with either one circuit or
various circuits on the same GW. I have also added more than one GW to a
Route Group as failover.
What I did on the GW's with more than one circuit for LD/Local is to prefix
the outbound call.. Once it hits the GW then I send it out the correct
circuit using that prefix. But if you have multiple GW's each carrying one
type of Circuit then I think youre right and you cant use it that way. I
havent ran across that yet so im only speculating.

Hope that helps,

Joel P.