[cisco-voip] International Calling Weirdness

Jim Reed jreed at swiftnews.com
Thu Mar 11 18:36:31 EST 2010

Call Manager 4.x

I can call an international number in Denmark from location A.

When I try to call that same number from location B, I get the following
recording -- "We're sorry your call cannot be completed as dialed.  Please
check the number and dial again.  G2"

When I try to call that same number from location C, I get a fast busy.

The delay between either completion of the call or the two aforementioned
errors is about the same.

I have checked the configuration of Partitions, Calling Search Spaces and
Route Patterns at all three locations.  They are an exact match.

I have checked the router configurations at all three locations.  They are
an exact match.  All H323.

One bit of weirdness I see at location C when I do a "show call history
voice brief" is three call legs for each call to the international number --
instead of the customary two.  It also shows an error of (invalid number
(28)) at location C.

Anyone got any good ideas where to try to start troubleshooting this thing
further.  Please don't hesitate to let me know what detail I left out.
--
Jim Reed
Swift Communications, Inc.