[cisco-voip] Phonebook

Tim Smith thsglobal at gmail.com
Mon Mar 15 19:33:46 EDT 2010

Hi Charles,

The corporate phone directory has nothing to do with partition / css.

In Prior to 5.x it is just an LDAP directory full of users
If you are not AD integrated, this LDAP directory lives on your CCM pub, in DCDirectory
If you are AD integrated, the AD is extended and all the records will live in your AD directory.

5.x and post 5.x - LDAP disappears and the users are now stored alongside the rest of your config data in the Informix database on the CUCM's.

If your corp directory is segmented then someone has probably implemented a custom XML directory service based on the Cisco SDK.

If you want to combine them, my guess would be you need to switch back to the default service.

What version are you running?

Cheers,

Tim.