[cisco-voip] mixing FAX modes

Robert Kulagowski rkulagow at gmail.com
Wed Mar 17 13:00:19 EDT 2010

Just jumping in on this thread...

I've been looking at moving away from physical fax machines and so this
thread is intriguing to me.

I looked at the Cisco Fax Server solution; is it just Captaris Right Fax
that's been painted Cisco blue?  Is there a value-add in purchasing from
Cisco rather than directly from Captaris?

As far as faxing is concerned, I'm wrapping my head around the
following.  I've successfully used the fax TCL script to do some light
testing.  I know that it's not supposed to scale well, and there are
huge "don't do this in production" warnings on it.

The "boardless" faxing is most appealing, because it seems like it would
eliminate additional analog-digital conversions.

If PRIs from Ma Bell are terminated onto a 2851, then what sort of
dial-peer configuration have people found to work the best, and does Fax
over IP allow > 9600 baud faxing?