[cisco-voip] mixing FAX modes

Nick Matthews matthnick at gmail.com
Wed Mar 17 13:39:56 EDT 2010

I haven't done the research on the Cisco Fax Server, but I would
imagine the benefits are in line with "you can buy from one vendor,
keep your discounts, one throat...".  It's an OpenText (previously
captaris) fax server underneath, and it's not all that hidden.

The dial peers look very much like normal dial peers except for a one
or two line fax configuration.  Most of the tinkering would happen on
the fax server itself.  The TCL script works alright for small
operations, but you're right in that it's not a good replacement for a
fax server at all.  Both Xmedius and the Cisco Fax Server are
boardless options.  You may also want to look at the Xmedius AXP
module - it's an NM module that hosts the fax server.

-nick