[cisco-voip] CM upgrade path

Wes Sisk wsisk at cisco.com
Wed Mar 17 15:37:12 EDT 2010

Sigh, I still don't have the document for this published yet.  This is
my public apology.

You can upgrade from 5.1(3)x to 7.1(3b).  The 'b' denotes a 'respin'.
Respin means we release new software to manufacturing to be used for new
product shipments.  When this happens and you subsequently order "7.1"
from PUT you will get 7.1(3b) full upgrade disks.

Now enter Service Updates, su2 in this case.  SU is an Engineering
Special, ES, renumbered. Generally this should be applied as a patch to
the major version to address important, but not critical, fixes.

That is the idea at least.

/Wes