[cisco-voip] PRI callerID name to SIP Issue

Peder peder at networkoblivion.com
Tue Mar 23 14:02:44 EDT 2010

I have two Cisco 2800 gateways with PRI to two different providers and both
convert the calls to SIP and pass to a SIP server.  On one of the PRI, I get
name like this:

        Bearer Capability i = 0x8090A2
                Standard = CCITT
                Transfer Capability = Speech
                Transfer Mode = Circuit
                Transfer Rate = 64 kbit/s
        Channel ID i = 0xA18382
                Preferred, Channel 2
        Facility i =
0x9F8B0100A115020101020100800D414E4756414C4C2C5045444552
                Protocol Profile =  Networking Extensions
                0xA115020101020100800D414E4756414C4C2C5045444552
                Component = Invoke component
                        Invoke Id = 1
                        Operation = CallingName
                                Name presentation allowed
                                Name = PEDER
        Calling Party Number i = 0x2183, '201xxxxxxx'
                Plan:ISDN, Type:National
        Called Party Number i = 0xA1, '201xxxxxxx'
                Plan:ISDN, Type:National

The name is passed correctly via SIP and I see it on my SIP server fine.  On
the other box, I get the name like this:

        Bearer Capability i = 0x8090A2
                Standard = CCITT
                Transfer Capability = Speech
                Transfer Mode = Circuit
                Transfer Rate = 64 kbit/s
        Channel ID i = 0xA98385
                Exclusive, Channel 5
        Display i = 'PEDER'
        Calling Party Number i = 0x2180, '201xxxxxxx'
                Plan:ISDN, Type:National
        Called Party Number i = 0xC1, '201xxxxxxx'
                Plan:ISDN, Type:Subscriber(local)
Mar 23 10:36:40: ISDN Se1/0:23 Q931: TX -> CALL_PROC pd = 8  callref =
0x82AD
        Channel ID i = 0xA98385
                Exclusive, Channel 5

This name shows up in debug on the Cisco gateway, but it is not passed to my
sip server.  I've done a SIP debug and nowhere in the invite or subsequent
packets does the name get passed.  Does anybody have any idea how to tell
the gateway to send the name too?  I am guessing it is some non-standard way
of sending it to the Cisco and it just doesn't know how to convert it to
send it out SIP.  Thanks.

Peder