[cisco-voip] Duplicate Extensions on same Cluster

Jason Aarons (US) jason.aarons at us.didata.com
Thu Mar 25 09:51:47 EDT 2010

Search Cisco.com for Deploying Variable-Length On-Net Dial Plans with Flat Addressing in the SRND for CallManager http://www-uk.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/7x/devmobil.html#wp1043929

From: steve.siltman at assurant.com [mailto:steve.siltman at assurant.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 25, 2010 9:46 AM
To: Jason Aarons (US)
Cc: cisco-voip at puck.nether.net
Subject: RE: [cisco-voip] Duplicate Extensions on same Cluster

I never thought of using longer DNs and setting up translation patterns to shorten up the dialing.  Neat stuff.  I enjoy this stuff... so many ways of doing things.

We have 5 clusters and I use a pair of GKs to handle the routing inbetween them.  We have a group of 6 large locations that must 5digit dial each other and another group of 3 that must 4digit dial each other.  Everyone else will 7digit dial each other.  The GKs made this task easier.

Steve Siltman
Assurant Corporate Technology
Senior Network Engineer - Cisco CCVP
Work: 651-361-4752
Cell: 651-336-5563
steve.siltman at assurant.com

"Jason Aarons (US)" <jason.aarons at us.didata.com>

2010-03-24 20:19

Wes Sisk <wsisk at cisco.com>, "steve.siltman at assurant.com" <steve.siltman at assurant.com>

cc

"cisco-voip at puck.nether.net" <cisco-voip at puck.nether.net>

Subject

RE: [cisco-voip] Duplicate Extensions on same Cluster

I'm not a fan of site codes.  Use longer/more digits as DNs, than setup short dialing via Translation Pattern to longer number.

Why the GK?

Disclaimer: This e-mail communication and any attachments may contain confidential and privileged information and is for use by the designated addressee(s) named above only. If you are not the intended addressee, you are hereby notified that you have received this communication in error and that any use or reproduction of this email or its contents is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by replying to this message and deleting it from your computer. Thank you.

This e-mail message and all attachments transmitted with it may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information intended solely for the use of the addressee(s). If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any reading, dissemination, distribution, copying, forwarding or other use of this message or its attachments is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete this message and all copies and backups thereof. Thank you.

Disclaimer:

from your computer. Thank you.