[cisco-voip] router to router (SCCP/h323 to SIP) calls don't work in SRST

Lelio Fulgenzi lelio at uoguelph.ca
Fri Mar 26 19:53:10 EDT 2010

Does anyone know if there is anything special you have to do to make calls from an SCCP phone on one SRST router to a SIP endpoint on another SRST router work?

Here's what I have and can do:

    • two routers in SRST mode
    • all phones register properly, some to one router, some to another
    • I can make a call from phone A on router A to phone B on router B (and vice versa)
    • I can make a call from phone A on router A to Unity Express A on router A and be transferred to phone B on router B

I can NOT place a call from phone A on router A to Unity Express B on router B.

I'm pretty sure Router B is getting the call, because a "debug voice dialpeer all" started spewing out stuff on Router B like it was going out of style. It even showed matches. I can post the full debug next week, but just thought there would be a quick(?) answer.

I think these are the relevant configs, but will post more if needed:

Router A:
!
dial-peer voice 37063 voip
description Cisco Unity Express AutoAttendant (Default)
destination-pattern 37063
session protocol sipv2
session target ipv4:10.104.13.66
dtmf-relay sip-notify
codec g711ulaw
no vad
!
dial-peer voice 11111 voip
description Wild Card to vgw-jnhn-b
destination-pattern [1234567]....
session target ipv4:10.104.13.202
!

Router B:
!
dial-peer voice 37073 voip
description Cisco Unity Express AutoAttendant (Default)
destination-pattern 37073
session protocol sipv2
session target ipv4:10.104.13.70
dtmf-relay sip-notify
codec g711ulaw
no vad
!
dial-peer voice 11111 voip
description Wild Card to vgw-jnhn-a
destination-pattern [1234567]....
session target ipv4:10.104.13.201
!

---
Lelio Fulgenzi, B.A.
(519) 824-4120 x56354 (519) 767-1060 FAX (JNHN)
Cooking with unix is easy. You just sed it and forget it.
- LFJ (with apologies to Mr. Popeil)