[cisco-voip] Pushing a message to Cisco 7912 phones

Ryan Ratliff rratliff at cisco.com
Thu May 6 09:22:16 EDT 2010

What about setting up an idle url with the #DEVICENAME param in it like EM uses?  This should get the phone to send it's device name to the web page, which can strip off the SEP and then compare the mac-address against the cdp-generated list.  Then just return a simple message indicating whether the phone is on UPS power or not.

-Ryan