[cisco-voip] How to configure no ringback

Johnny Crothers randvines at gmail.com
Wed May 5 18:38:33 EDT 2010

Hi everyone!

This might sound like a weird question, but what i'm triyng to achieve is to
have no ring back when callers go out an E1 using an MGCP gateway and CUCM
6.1.

I understand i can configure this as a global thing on CUCM, but what i'm
trying to achieve is to only be implemented on a particular Gateway.

Not having any kit to actually try this on, I've found a few options but
wanted some advice?

If i configure

Voice-Port 0/1/0
  no Cptone - this will remove the ring "template" - Does this also mean
that no ring back will be provided?

Voice-Port 0/1/0
no  ring-frequency  - I understand that this will remove any frequencies
set, but wont actually stop the ringback?

Does anyone have any idea's?

Thanks in advance!