[cisco-voip] Calls to 800-292-8253 option 1, option 1 get hangup

Wes Sisk wsisk at cisco.com
Thu May 6 16:12:18 EDT 2010

Just a guess -
Sounds like the called party is running into the old IP-IVR problem of
ISDN Status message on Information Element (IE) getting ISDN status out
of sync and clearing the call.  See CSCeg56289 for a reasonable
description of the issue as well as the final fix that went into CM.
That fix would have to be applied on the called party system if that is
indeed the problem.

This is typically triggered by an unsupported IE delivered from the
calling party side.  There is likely a difference between the call from
your cell phone and the call from the ipphone. That difference is most
likely to come in one of these fields in order:
Display IE
Progress Indicator
Calling Party Number

Try suppressing those one at a time to see if it makes a difference.
Different ISDN switch types vary in their support of IEs at various
states.  I have seen switch type mismatches between carrier and CPE
cause this issue as well.  If switch types match then the switch
providing internetworking should filter invalid IEs.  Alternatively, you
can filter them manually at the source.  Then you can tell the called
party more about the nature of their problem.

/Wes