[cisco-voip] Play greeting for an unregistered phone without voicemail

Brian Schultz bms314 at gmail.com
Thu May 6 17:26:27 EDT 2010

I know this is possible, but I'm struggling to figure this out.  CM 8.0(2)
and UCXN 8.0(2).  I swear I've done this in v7 before, but it doesn't seem
to be behaving on this version 8 system.

I have a bunch of 7925 wireless phones that do not utilize voicemail.  If
the phone gets shut off, I'd like to play a general greeting that says
something like "The phone you have dialed is currently turned off, please
call again later" and then hang up the call.  I thought I could create a
Call Handler with a greeting and set the Forward Unregistered
Internal/External to that extension.  Then create a CTI Route Point to
forward all to voicemail for that Call Handler extension and a voicemail
profile for that particular extension.  When a call the Call Handler
directly, I hear the proper greeting.  However, when I forward from an
unregistered phone, I hear the default Connection messaging greeting.  Any
idea what I'm missing?

Thanks,
Brian