[cisco-voip] What's the pro and con for ATA, compared to FXS

Jeff Ruttman ruttmanj at carewisc.org
Tue May 11 08:54:15 EDT 2010

How do you disable an unused port on an ATA?

I don't know that we've experienced calls dropping, but you are right
that an unused port does try to connect to CM and at the least generates
lots of fails in the event logs.  I go ahead and add the second port
into CM, so it can register, and I just don't configure a line on it.
This stops the error messages and perhaps stops calls dropping as you
describe.

I only have experience with ATAs and largely they've been OK.  Most
problems have been fixed by using 9600 or 14400 baud rates on fax
machines, and I think we also had to disable Super G3 on a couple newer
fax/copiers.

Thanks
jeff