[cisco-voip] HW Based Conferencing Bridge with 2xPVDM2-64

Syed Khalid Ali syed.khalid.khursheed at gmail.com
Wed May 12 15:05:39 EDT 2010

Group:

I need some suggestion.

Currently we are running CCM 4.2. We have around 30+ site with 5 to 10
phones. To save bandwidth and limitation, regions and location have been
implemented. G.729 is used for inter-site calls and G.711 for intra-site
calls. Currently the voice gateway is placed at head office with two E1s and
12 FXOs. The issue is  conferencing with inter-site calls due to G.729.

There are 2 PVDM64 installed. 60 are consumed by E1s and 12 by FXOs total of
72. I still have (128-72) 76 channels. Is the rest of channels can be used
for hardware based conferencing. And how many session will be available.

Can any one provide a good resource for doing this math?

Also since we don't have voice mail. I guess there is no need for
transcoding.

--
Thanks,
Syed Khalid Ali