[cisco-voip] Can't change phone button template for 7961G

Ryan Ratliff rratliff at cisco.com
Fri May 14 11:45:16 EDT 2010

No, upgrading firmware on your phone won't do anything to CCMAdmin.

If the button template isn't showing up as an option in the drop-down, then there isn't one created for that device type.

If you go back to the phone button templates you'll see there is a "Standard 7961 SCCP" and "Standard 7961G-GE SCCP" template to copy from.

If your template works on the G-GE phones then it was copied from that standard one.  You need to make one based off the "Standard 7961 SCCP" template for it to show up on non-gig phones.

-Ryan