[cisco-voip] Can't change phone button template for 7961G

Erick B. erickbee at gmail.com
Fri May 14 11:19:58 EDT 2010

Hi,

Added a 7961G and it comes up and registers fine, but I am unable to
change the phone button template from the "Standard 7961 SCCP" button
template.  I have a Standard 7961 6 line button template that works
fine on 7961G-GE model phones (this is our only 7961G). I also created
a new phone button template with 6 lines and the 7961 phone
configuration page just gives me the one default template as option
under the phone buttom template drop down.

Any ideas?

Would upgrading the 7961G firmware fix something with the button
template settings?

Erick