[cisco-voip] CCM 4.2 w/ Unity 4.0 AD integration and directory services.

Ryan Ratliff rratliff at cisco.com
Mon May 17 13:58:00 EDT 2010

Nothing about this is specific to Unity, that just happens to be the same server as your AD.   Replace every instance of Unity with AD in your email below and see if you can answer your own questions.

The ldap integration with CUCM 5.x and later is completely different than in 4.x  We no longer just point to the external ldap, but actually sync in users from ldap.  This means your directory is still there when AD is down (except for auth, if you configure it).

The custom corporate directory has been asked numerous times on this list.  You should be able to find a good bit of info on it from the archives.  Basically you will need to create a custom directory search page to search AD however you want it to be searched.

-Ryan