[cisco-voip] CCM 4.2 w/ Unity 4.0 AD integration and directory services.

george.hendrix at l-3com.com george.hendrix at l-3com.com
Mon May 17 13:44:54 EDT 2010

Hi everyone,

  I have an old cluster with CCM 4.2(3) that seems to be integrated with
the AD in the Unity VM server.  Users can be added in Unity admin
webpage and then get populated in the CCM global directory.  The user
password must be changed by the administrator in Unity, not CCM.  Also,
the CCMAdministrator user account is in the Unity server.  Anytime Unity
is down, the CCM admin page cannot be accessed.  The directories URL for
phones still point to the CCM server,
http://ccm1/CCMCIP/xmldirectory.asp.

  So having said that, we would like to have our different sites show
separately when users press the directories button on their phone.  Can
I accomplish this using Unity and then just point to a directory on the
Unity server since it is already integrated with it or what would be the
best approach to accomplish this?  I'd prefer doing this than a separate
server that would be separately managed and create more work.  Also, if
we were to pull directory services from the unity server, is that still
possible in new versions of CUCM such as versions 7 and 8?

Thanks,

Bill Hendrix

george.hendrix at l-3com.com <mailto:george.hendrix at l-3com.com>