[cisco-voip] RTP arriving early generating ICMP unreachable

Dale Shaw dale.shaw+cisco-voip at gmail.com
Tue May 18 07:04:31 EDT 2010

[ probably should've marked this thread 'OT' ]

Thanks to Nick and Wes for their replies.

Keeping the original scenario in mind, I'm curious what the audience
thinks of the behaviour described in this Juniper KB article:

http://kb.juniper.net/index?page=content&id=KB16823

..what would you expect the impact of this behaviour to be in your networks?

I guess what I'm trying to gauge is, how common is the 'early RTP'
situation in real, properly tuned networks (Nick and Wes's replies
indicate it can be 'normal'), and how much sense does it make for the
Juniper SRX routers to respond the way described in the article linked
above?

cheers,
Dale
(bitten! ;-))