[cisco-voip] CM upgrade path

Ed Leatherman ealeatherman at gmail.com
Wed May 26 08:01:36 EDT 2010

I'm just going to go with 7.1.3bSU2 for now.. I can upgrade directly
to that from 6.1.4 with the file available on cco and the PAK number I
got in the upgrade kit, so no need for a 2-step upgrade like I had
thought. 7.1.5 doesn't look like it has anything interesting enough to
warrant the extra maintenance time, maybe later in the year.

On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 2:30 AM, Erick B. <erickbee at gmail.com> wrote:
> I haven't tried 7.1.5 CUCM yet myself, but I do know a month ago that
> the UCCX/CRS compatibility matrix listed that 7.1(4) was highest CUCM
> version compatible with UCCX 7.01 SR5 as I was doing a upgrade for a
> client for some other issue at time and going over the options then.
> Looking now, the CRS matrix was updated April 28th, 2010 and now UCCX
> 7 SR5 is compatible with 7.1(5) CUCM per Cisco documentation as I
> suspected it would but didn't want to take chance and having another
> issue and being told the versions aren't compatible or something. We
> had asked TAC if UCCX 7 SR5 would be okay with 7.1(5) back then and
> were told not tested yet.
>

> On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 7:32 AM, Ed Leatherman <ealeatherman at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Kevin kindly sent me the bug ID for this, CSCtb77537
>>
>> Since it looks like i'm doing a 2-stage upgrade anyway.. anyone know
>> of a reason not to go right to 7.1.5 instead of 7.1.3bSU2? Does anyone
>> know if the newer version contains substantially more bug fixes that
>> makes it worth loading? 6 of one and half dozen of the other?
>>
>> On Mon, May 24, 2010 at 10:33 PM, Kevin Damisch
>> <kevin.damisch at vitalsite.com> wrote:
>>> I don't have the bug ID handy, but it dealt with a JTAPI bug on CUCM and the CTI ports not releasing.  So, over time, the CTI ports will fill up and give the callers a busy signal when calling the trigger.  We hit this bug and confirmed with TAC.  You do NOT want CUCM 7.1(3b) and UCCX 7 SR5.  In fact, I believe they removed the original 7.1(3b) from the compatibility matrix with UCCX 7 SR5.  You will want (and probably need) CUCM 7.1(3b)SU2 for UCCX 7 SR5.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Kevin
>>>

>> --
>> Ed Leatherman