[cisco-voip] Digital Networking CUC 7.1 and systemwide PDLs reachablity

Ted Nugent tednugent73 at gmail.com
Wed May 26 11:47:05 EDT 2010

Does anyone know if when 2 Connection servers are Digitally Networked if a
system wide PDL still lists the users (in dial by name etc) if the networked
partner is not reachable? Everything I'm reading indicates that the answer
to this is yes since the information is replicated in CUC as opposed to
Unity where the PDLs were parsed realtime to the remote server but I would
like confirmation.
Here's the scenario 2 sites connected via WAN with Split CUCM cluster
and networked CUC at each location. In the event of a WAN failure we would
like the users of the remote CUC to still be listed in the "dial by name" or
"dial an extension at any time", the mailbox would obviously not be
available but if CUC transfer and CUCM forwarding options were configured
for Fwd unregistered on the local CUCM then the call could be routed back
out the PSTN to the remote branch. Can any one confirm if the users are
replicated and still dialable even if the remote networked CUC is
unreachable?
TIA Ted